I’ve always had a passion for cinema from the early days of film, especially finding out how far back many of the tropes and cliches we see today actually go.
In 2020, I realised that some of those early movies were approaching their 100th birthdays and it seemed liked a fine to go back and rewatch them.
Subscribe today to get my movie reviews in your inbox every Wednesday and join the conversation.
- The Cabinet of Dr Caligari (1920)
- The Kid (1921)
- Nosferatu (1922)
- Our Hospitality (1923)
- A Woman of Paris (1923)
- Sherlock Jr (1924)
- Battleship Potemkin (1925)
- The Gold Rush (1925)
- The Phantom of the Opera (1925)
- The Adventures of Prince Achmed (1926)
- The General (1926)
- The Cat and the Canary (1927)
- Metropolis (1927)
- Napoleon (1927)
- The Cameraman (1928)
- The Circus (1928)
- Easy Virtue (1928)
- The Passion of Joan of Arc (1928)
- Steamboat Bill Jr (1928)
- Un Chien Andalou (1929)
- Man With a Movie Camera (1929)